The Battle of Bloody Gulch and Hill 30 in 1944 and its remains
We offer individual and group centered around a unique tour of military archeology with the owner of the memorial in two languages (French and English-American). A long and meticulous work of memory was conducted from the archives of the manor and written traces left by the occupants of the area in 1947.
- Discover an exceptional place remained empty all the modern constructions
- Look at the place where they were left, archaeological remains of the Battle of Bloody Gulch which opposed the US paratroopers of the 101st Airborne (Easy compagny, Fox compagny) to SS 17th Panzer Division Grenader helped German paratroopers of the 6th regiment. Several tons of ammunition were removed by demining services but many items were left behind such as helmets, guns, boxes of ammunition … remained in position since June 1944
- Touch, wear, “feel” the original equipment as the soldiers felt. No other museum in Normandy currently offers this unique experience!
The tour lasts 1:15 and consists of
- Visiting the cemetery chapel Donville where rests the bodies of civilians shot by the SS, the battlefield and its archaeological remains
- Visiting the museum which displays exceptional pieces
- The path inside the mansion where the moving traces remain of the fighting to clinch that inspired Steven Spielberg’s film script “Saving Private Ryan“
- Interactive tour with commentary in French and English
- Reservations required: contact Franck Feuardent at +126.96.36.199.03.22 ou +188.8.131.52.02.69 or fill out the online reservation form
- These visits are reserved for priority groups. If you wish to attend as an individual, you can introduce yourself to the entrance of the Manor, make an appointment to the above mentioned number or use the booking form.
|Groups from 16 person||8€ / Person|
|School groups (below 10 years)||6,5€ / child|
|School groups (11 to 15 years)||6€|
|Price for one adult||10 € / Person|
|Price for one child (5 to 12 years)||6€|
A brief overview of a guided tour